Friday, April 18, 2008
1st Two Weeks Continued
Meeting Anastasia When I saw Anastasia I knew immediately that this beautiful child was my forever daughter. She is a petite, little blonde girl looking much younger than her 10 years. She looked timid and shy. From what I understood she did not know the purpose of my visit. However, when the others present moved away for a discussion, with head lowered she gave me this peep from the corner of her eye that said, please choose me as your child. I'm sure it took great energy and courage on the part of this child to motion for my attention that way. I gave her a reassuring smile. Even though I had wanted to meet her younger sister before making a final decision, I knew I could not turn my back on her. Her glance had sealed a deal with me without any words spoken! I knew I would be haunted by this memory if I didn't return. Before we left we were invited by a teacher to her classroom and also to see her practice a folk dance with some classmates. She was the smallest but she danced with grace and precision. The other orphans also danced skillfully. These young boys and girls were charming. I was eager to meet Anastasia's little sister so I could get the Ukraine part of the adoption process started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Rozachka,
I feel so moved by your report...
You brought me to tears.
God bless you and keep you,
Anna Izmodenoff
Post a Comment