Tuesday, March 11, 2008
About This Blog
This is my first and probably most important blog. I am creating this to share some of the events in my adoption journey. This journey has been many years in the making. I decided to make this dream a reality when I sat with my mother at the end of her life. She had been such a great Mom to me and I decided I wanted to be more like her. After her death in 2003, I started to search the internet about adoptions. Eventually I found the Ukrainian Angels website (www.ukrainianangels.org). On December 21, 2003, I sent to Cathy Harris, the owner of that website, a brief biography about me. That officially started my relationship with Ukrainian Angels and Cathy Harris, the adoption facilitator. Cathy has adopted from Ukraine and has helped more than 1000 families do independent adoptions from Ukraine. Now it has probably taken me longer than most folks to get this far, however I had another big project simultaneously. I had been living in a small two bedroom apartment and wanted something bigger for my child/children. In 2005, I bought a 4 bedroom older home and have had to fill my days remodeling. Also during the work on my adoption the Ukrainian government had shut done adoptions just as I was ready to send my completed dossier to them. Also it is likely that sometimes single prospective adoptive parents (PAP's) have to wait longer than marrried PAP's. But NOW I AM ONLY TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM MY APPOINTMENT IN UKRAINE !!! In the past several months I have had some good luck and also some terrific support from some of Cathy's Ukrainian Angels team, Julia and Galina (whom I am forever grateful to). It was so incredible to finally get my appointment at the SDA (State Department on Adoptions). There are also a host of other individuals who have been so helpful in all of this (family members and friends). So now the search part of my journey is about to begin. By the way "moya malenka" is Ukrainian for "my little one (girl)"...... Rose Lia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment