Sunday, March 16, 2008
Leaving The End Of The Week!
So much to do...so little time! I spent part of last evening at Staples getting electronics equipment for my computer & camera, including a microphone for SKYPE. Hope I didn't forget anything. I still have a lot of packing to do. I have things to bring for my child and other orphans. It's so hard to know how much & what to pack when you don't know exactly how long you'll be gone or what is available there. My friend, Patti came over today to help me with SKYPE and PICASSA on my computer. I am so grateful to her. She showed me ways to make processing my pictures a lot easier and more efficient. THANK-YOU,PATTI! My sister Anna called to make arrangements for a family dinner before I leave. She will be my main contact to home while I am in Ukraine. THANK-YOU, ANNA! While I was talking with Anna, my facilitator, Julia called from Florida. I had a lot of questions for her regarding what to anticipate once I get to Ukraine. Julia is very experienced with adoptions and is a great resource. She is calming, clear, and encouraging. I felt better and more confident after we spoke. I think it's a bit harder doing something like this on your own...no significant other to bounce things off. But I certainly do have a lot of support anyway! SIX DAYS TO GO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We're another Ukrainian Angels family and I saw your post about your new blog. We just returned from Ukraine 3 weeks ago with our new daughter.
I wanted to wish you safe travels and all the best as you go to find your little girl. We will be following your journey and I hope you find as much comfort and support from those of us back at home cheering you on, as we did while there.
Praying for you!
Thank-you, Kathy & Matt. I followed your blog and really appreciated reading about your experience plus all your helpful tips. Rose Lia
Rosalia...
We are another UA family as well! We adopted about a year and a half ago - we brought home our little girl and feel really fortunate that we were able to find her! My thoughts are with you on your journey - and I'll be reading daily! You tend to get addicted to these blogs! HAHA!
Have a GREAT trip!
Best wishes!
Amy
libenowfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment