Thursday, March 13, 2008
Help Is On The Way
I am now feeling less anxious as the plans start to fall into place. Last evening I received an e-mail from my facilitator, Julia with the names and contact numbers of my regional translator and co-ordinator in Ukraine. The translator, Lena, will pick me up at the airport in Kiev, attend appointments with me and travel to the orphanage with me. She also does all the paperwork. When I get back to Kiev, my co-ordinator, Galina will help me there. Galina is one of the wonderful people I mentioned earlier that helped me get my dossier submitted and my appointment with the SDA. She will also be helping me at the American Embassy. Julia (Yuliya), my facilitator, is the other wonderful person I mentioned. Her e-mails are very organized so I feel I have clear directions from her. These women are very experienced with adoptions, so I trust that I will be in good hands. Now in addition to all of this good news last evening, I received several e-mails from a bright and wonderful new friend who is also from Ukraine. But get this...she lives HERE in Oswego! I was introduced to her by another friend and I asked her if she would help me with translations when I bring my child home. She agreed but has been doing so much more already. Her name is Anna but it should be Angel which she is. She has conferenced called us to her brother and others from Ukraine and now they are all trying to help me. The e-mails from her last evening were forwards from her wonderful friend, Marta with contact #'s for a host of people in Ukraine wanting to help...including an International Women's Club with Americans! Anna's friend, Alex who also lives here and is from Ukraine has also helped me a lot. He has been helping me to learn Russian and sends e-mails in Russian (and sometimes in Cyrillic alphabet which is "Greek to me"!) "Kak di-la?" "Ha-ra-sho, spai-see-ba." "How are you?" "Fine, thanks." This all is truly a testimony to the basic goodness of humankind. I am so blessed! I have so much to look forward to! Leaving one week from Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment